Camrose Arts Council
To champion and assist the arts and culture community weave a rich tapestry of life in Camrose.
The Camrose Arts and Culture Master Plan was completed in 2016 which led to the establishment of the Camrose Arts Council whose first organizational meeting was held on February 3, 2017.
- Advocates for a collaborative arts and culture community within the city
- Informs City Council about arts and culture activities
- Acts as a governing body to distribute grants as delegated by the “Arts Council Grant Funding Bylaw” for arts and culture initiatives
- Click here to view the Terms of Reference
- Valerie Sims
- Nicholas Beach
- Laurel Warkentin
- Lisa Borin Miller
- Judy McLean
- PJ Stasko
- Agnes Hoveland (interim chair)
- Administrative Support: Jane Cherry-Lemire, City of Camrose Arts Director
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between the Camrose Arts Council and the Camrose Arts Society?
The Camrose Arts Council is a governing body, with members of the public and councilors, that can distribute grants. The Camrose Arts Society is a volunteer-run organization that puts on arts program.
An Arts and Culture Grant application process will be in place by January 2018 to provide financial support. Click here to view the application. Applications are due March 30th and September 30th. Click here to view the Eligibility Policy.
Central Events Calendar
The use of a central calendar is imperative to communicate within the arts community. Click here to see or submit events to the calendar.
Camrose Events Button
The Camrose Arts Council has created an events button designed to guide and drive our community and visitors to the most complete, up to date, and accurate events listing for everything happening within the City of Camrose. Click here to download the button to use on your website.
Members & Membership
- Membership in the Camrose Arts Council is free.
- Members will be able to apply for grants through the Arts Council granting process.
- Members will have a voice at the Council AGM and be able to nominate members for the Arts Council Board.
- Members benefit from member artist’s and organization’s information shown on Arts Council webpage and events calendar.
- Members are proud supporters of the arts and culture community in Camrose.
- Click here to become a member.
If you have any questions or would like to contact the Arts Council Board, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.